By Leigh Owen
As the days get warmer, we cannot help but feel more hopeful and grateful to be where we are today. Even though the last two years have been more challenging for some, we are so appreciative of the support you’ve shown the Cibolo.
Whether you’ve visited the Farmers Market at Herff Farm or taken your four-legged family members for a walk on our trails, you’ve given us so much to look forward to this spring and this year. Your generosity as our Friends of the Cibolo allows us to meet the new needs of our growing community.
Children, families, and communities need nature now more than ever. We remain resilient, nimble, and responsive to the ever-growing demand for safe outdoor natural places and new ways to deliver programs. We have seen increased visitation on the trails, at programs, and in our camps.
You can join our Circle of Friends to educate, inspire and conserve land, water, and wildlife for future generations. Membership gifts provide essential support to our nonprofit and mission-focused work to conserve natural resources through education and stewardship.
We rely on your gifts to improve and maintain the trails you walk every day, create programming that leaves a lasting impact on your child’s life, and sustain spaces that you associate with great memories. More importantly, the extensive work ahead needs excellent support to grow these programs and initiatives in the coming year:
- Nest Nature School is currently enrolling students for the Fall of 2022.
- Conserved land additions to protect the fragile watershed of our beloved Cibolo Creek.
- More field trips for students in Boerne and San Antonio.
- Expanded the Farmers Market into a year-round market, creating more access to locally produced products, produce, and homemade goods.
- Pollinator gardens and Monarch Festival to promote, educate and celebrate the conservation of Monarchs and pollinator species.
- New family programs and activities are offered year-round.
As we spring forward, we need FRIENDS LIKE YOU to help us create a sustainable future for the love of nature! In this continual era of change, we need your support now more than ever to sustain the promise of the Cibolo and create a legacy that lives on. Please visit our website at www.cibolo.org to join our Circle of Friends and support the vital work. You can also call Leigh Owen at (830)388-7676 for more questions or information.