Board of Directors
Joanne Williams Past-President
Perri Rosheger President
Tom Kartrude Vice President
Jeanne Buchanan Secretary
Ty Young Treasurer
Brent Evans Co-Founder
Lindsey B. Berwick
Guy Chipman (in memoriam)
Tom Frost, Jr. (In Memoriam)
Tim Hixon (In Memoriam)
Interested in a career at the Cibolo Center for Conservation?
Our Cibolo Team is a passionate, dedicated group who believes in creating thriving land, people and communities.
See current job postings below:
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
Full-time position, 40 hours/week
The Cibolo’s mission is the conservation of natural resources through education and stewardship. We provide programming for children, youth, adults, and families while protecting vanishing natural areas. We have a dynamic work environment set in a beautiful 160-acres along the Cibolo Creek.
The Communications & Marketing Coordinator provides communications and marketing support to serve many facets of the Cibolo Center for Conservation. With innovative marketing and communications across many print and online platforms, we seek to engage a broad spectrum of stakeholders in our place, our work, and our mission. Primary duties include two broad bodies of work: 1) working with Cibolo staff to create comprehensive communication messaging and marketing plan, and 2) executing communications and marketing strategies to promote events, activities and organizational mission through a variety of channels to increase awareness and engagement with the Cibolo.
The position will work to address needs across the organization in development, education, and events through detailed execution. The Communications & Marketing Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and will collaborate closely with the VP of Development.
Communications and Marketing Strategy:
• Work with staff across departments to create and support a comprehensive Cibolo Communications Plan. This plan will be developed to generate cohesive messaging for the multiple facets of The Cibolo. This position will establish marketing and communications strategies to achieve the goals within each department.
• Establish cohesive brand guidelines and voice to support the communications plan.
• Write a variety of communication pieces for various media outlets, including print advertisements, weekly local newspaper articles, blogs, press releases.
• Cultivate media interest in the Cibolo, including developing relationships with target media and ensuring appropriate and timely response to requests.
• Establish relationships with Cibolo stakeholders and leading voices for guest articles and blogs.
• Compile a comprehensive media list to engage appropriate audiences and stakeholders for the Cibolo.
• Ensure Cibolo calendar events are posted on multiple platforms of partners and various media outlets.
Website development and support:
• Manage and update the content on the website, ensuring that a cohesive visual brand and voice are present throughout as changes are made.
• Manage and analyze web analytics.
• Form content creation and oversight for programs and events.
Content development and design:
• Create, produce and distribute original materials, including but not limited to signage, brochures, flyers, presentations, advertisements, rack cards, reports and other collateral, through multiple channels, including layout, design, proofing, photography, in conformity with Cibolo branding standards.
• Coordinate with external designers for special event invitations, interpretive signage, etc.
• Coordinate the content and design of a bi-annual newsletter publication.
• In collaboration with the Development department, design and support fundraising efforts, such as multiple items for the annual Cibolo Gala
• Maintain general knowledge of and implement best practices designing, and delivering content given the communication channel and track performance indicators/metrics for the channel.
• Support social media platforms with a variety of activities, including: daily posts and follow-up responses to posts, event postings, supporting partner organizations in tags/reposts and advertisements.
• Creating special social media campaigns to amplify engagement of audiences.
• Generate a monthly e-blast and periodic promotional e-blasts to stakeholder lists through Constant Contact.
• Track social media metrics and provide analysis of findings and recommendations.
• In collaboration with Cibolo staff, plan, coordinate, and implement marketing elements of events that increase awareness of the organization and its mission, raise funding or other support for the organization, or strengthen relationships with stakeholders. Represent Cibolo at assigned events, meetings as needed.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please submit a letter of introduction and a current resume to: email@example.com with the subject line: COMMUNICATIONS MARKETING COORDINATOR.
The position will remain open until filled.
- Bachelor’s degree. Previous experience in marketing, communications, or related area, especially in the nonprofit or public sector, strongly preferred.
- Experience with common social media platforms, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Content creation and website management, previous experience with WordPress and Google Analytics a plus
- Graphic design experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Strong project management skills with ability to work independently with limited supervision, meet deadlines, anticipate quickly changing needs, and exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational abilities including prioritizing among multiple tasks, maintaining an effective workflow across a week, month or other period.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to function as a member of a team and interact with various stakeholders.
- Ability to form trusting and positive relationships with a variety of Cibolo stakeholders
- Commitment to building a supportive work environment and maintaining a positive attitude at the workplace and toward his/her job. Demonstrate strong teamwork knowledge and behavior.
- Exhibit a commitment to the values, mission and vision of the Cibolo to help create and maintain a positive image.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.